Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Consolidated Edison ( ED) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Consolidated Edison rose $0.74 (1.2%) to $60.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,367,515 shares of Consolidated Edison exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,841,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $59.50-$60.60 after having opened the day at $59.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.80. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Ellomay Capital ( ELLO), up 4.9%, Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 3.9%, Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), up 3.0% and Entergy ( ETR), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Consolidated Edison Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.