Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Vale rose $0.28 (2.0%) to $14.03 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,013,767 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,833,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.62-$14.14 after having opened the day at $13.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.75. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 4.8%, Nevsun Resources ( NSU), up 4.6%, Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), up 4.5% and Richmont Mines ( RIC), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.