Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AOL ( AOL) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, AOL rose $0.51 (1.4%) to $36.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,443,193 shares of AOL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,047,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.58-$38.40 after having opened the day at $37.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.18. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Phoenix New Media ( FENG), up 6.2%, BroadVision ( BVSN), up 5.1%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 3.5% and LiveDeal ( LIVE), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full AOL Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.