Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $3.00 (2.0%) to $156.22 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,679,088 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,672,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $155.29-$161.47 after having opened the day at $160.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $153.22. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: BMB Munai ( BMBM), up 24.5%, SMF Energy Corporation ( FUEL), up 12.5%, Tesco Corporation ( TESO), up 10.3% and Tetra Technologies ( TTI), up 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.