Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Finisar Corporation ( FNSR) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Finisar Corporation rose $2.95 (15.4%) to $22.08 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,024,077 shares of Finisar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,304,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.30-$22.65 after having opened the day at $21.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.13. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Super Micro Computer ( SMCI), up 11.2%, Lantronix ( LTRX), up 5.2%, Video Display Corporation ( VIDE), up 4.2% and Xplore Technologies Corporation ( XPLR), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Finisar Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.