Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Devon Energy ( DVN) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Devon Energy rose $0.88 (1.6%) to $56.68 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,085,233 shares of Devon Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,907,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.15-$57.60 after having opened the day at $57.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.80. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: BMB Munai ( BMBM), up 24.5%, SMF Energy Corporation ( FUEL), up 12.5%, Tesco Corporation ( TESO), up 10.3% and Tetra Technologies ( TTI), up 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Devon Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.