- Franchise ownership of the Jack in the Box brand has increased from approximately 25 percent in 2005 to nearly 77 percent today.
- The company has returned over $1 billion of cash to shareholders through stock repurchases.
- Jack in the Box common stock has appreciated 170 percent, as of yesterday’s market close.
- The Qdoba system has expanded from 250 restaurants in 37 states to approximately 600 locations today in 45 states and Canada.
- The Jack in the Box system has added more than 200 restaurants and expanded its presence from 17 states to 21.
Comma is currently responsible for the operations of all company and franchised Jack in the Box locations, as well as Menu Innovation, Marketing Communications, Consumer Insights & Analytics and Internal Brand Communications. Comma joined Jack in the Box Inc. in 2001 as Director of Convenience Store & Fuel Operations for the company’s proprietary chain of Quick Stuff convenience stores, which was sold in 2009. In 2004 he was promoted to Division Vice President of Quick Stuff Operations, and in 2006 he was promoted to Regional Vice President of Quick Stuff and the company’s Southern California region, which then included more than 150 company Jack in the Box restaurants. In 2007 he was promoted to Vice President of Operations, Division II, and had oversight of nearly 1,200 company and franchised restaurants in the Western U.S. Comma was named Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the company in February 2010 and was promoted to his current position in May 2012. Prior to joining Jack in the Box Inc., Comma was a Regional Manager for ExxonMobil, where he was responsible for supporting more than 300 franchisees in California, Nevada and Arizona. He has an MBA from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and a bachelor’s degree in finance from Drexel University in Philadelphia.About Jack in the Box Inc. Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ: JACK), based in San Diego, is a restaurant company that operates and franchises Jack in the Box ® restaurants, one of the nation’s largest hamburger chains, with more than 2,200 restaurants in 21 states. Additionally, through a wholly owned subsidiary, the company operates and franchises Qdoba Mexican Grill ®, a leader in fast-casual dining, with approximately 600 restaurants in 45 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. For more information on Jack in the Box and Qdoba, including franchising opportunities, visit www.jackinthebox.com or www.qdoba.com.