“Chrysler Group appreciates the interest and confidence that Range Resources has shown in our Ram 2500 CNG pickup,” said Jim Sassorossi, Director of Fleet Sales, Chrysler Group LLC. “Chrysler Group is the only manufacturer in North America to offer a factory-built compressed natural gas-powered pickup truck. With customers like Range Resources and the state of Oklahoma, which purchased 283 Ram CNG pickups earlier this year, Chrysler Group is encouraged with the growing awareness in CNG-powered pickup trucks by commercial and government fleets.”“Range Resource is a natural gas company that is not only talking the talk, but they are walking the walk,” said Rick Price, Executive Director of Pittsburgh Region Clean Cities. “Range has almost 100 CNG vehicles in this area that they are using in their daily activities and are able to take advantage of the economics and environmental benefits of using compressed natural gas as a transportation fuel.” MORE INFORMATION
- Progressive Policy Institute: “ Natural Gas Vehicles: Driving America to a More Prosperous, Secure, and Sustainable Future: The economic, environmental, and energy security benefits [of CNG] are enormous.”
- Associated Press: Natural gas vehicles making inroads; sales rising: “Cheap and plentiful" U.S. natural gas "an increasingly attractive option for truck companies and municipalities.”
- The Economist: “ American commercial vehicles already use a lot of natural gas. For several decades now, local-delivery vans, buses and rubbish collectors…have been switching to compressed natural gas (CNG) to lower fuel costs and to minimize their impact on the environment.”
- Click here to view the U.S. Department of Energy's interactive Natural Gas Fueling Station Locations map.
- Click here to learn more about the Pa. Department of Environmental Protection’s Natural Gas Vehicle Program.