Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific fell $1.97 (-1.2%) to $160.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,506,330 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,636,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $159.48-$161.80 after having opened the day at $161.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $161.97. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 7.7%, FreeSeas ( FREE), down 6.9%, Tidewater ( TDW), down 6.8% and Gol Intelligent Airlines ( GOL), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.