Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PetSmart ( PETM) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, PetSmart fell $1.13 (-1.5%) to $73.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,335,281 shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,162,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $73.48-$74.72 after having opened the day at $74.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.91. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: TravelCenters of America ( TA), down 27.6%, Mecox Lane ( MCOX), down 10.4%, Titan Machinery ( TITN), down 7.1% and Vitamin Shoppe ( VSI), down 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PetSmart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.