Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Groupon ( GRPN) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Groupon fell $0.27 (-3.0%) to $8.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,837,652 shares of Groupon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,263,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.62-$9.06 after having opened the day at $9.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.97. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Friendfinder Networks ( FFN), down 8.6%, Jiayuan.com International ( DATE), down 7.8%, Internet Initiative Japan ( IIJI), down 6.1% and YY ( YY), down 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Groupon Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.