Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Johnson Controls ( JCI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Johnson Controls fell $0.50 (-1.2%) to $40.42 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,494,155 shares of Johnson Controls exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,010,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.37-$41.07 after having opened the day at $40.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.92. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Furniture Brands International ( FBN), down 38.0%, Mondelez International ( MDLZ), down 25.1%, Nautilus Group ( NLS), down 22.9% and Verso Paper ( VRS), down 9.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.