Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Oil ( MRO) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Marathon Oil fell $0.95 (-2.5%) to $36.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,515,946 shares of Marathon Oil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,559,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.58-$37.85 after having opened the day at $37.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.83. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 46.2%, Allied Nevada Gold ( ANV), down 25.9%, GMX Resources ( GMXRQ), down 25.0% and McDermott International ( MDR), down 20.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Oil Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.