Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FirstEnergy ( FE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, FirstEnergy rose $0.97 (2.6%) to $38.01 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,775,272 shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,339,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.41-$39.01 after having opened the day at $37.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.04. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: American DG Energy ( ADGE), up 4.2%, U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 3.3%, PVR Partners ( PVR), up 2.9% and Suburban Propane Partners ( SPH), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.