Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AMC Networks ( AMCX) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, AMC Networks rose $1.43 (2.1%) to $70.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 646,449 shares of AMC Networks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 482,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $69.10-$70.86 after having opened the day at $69.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.41. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Liberty Media Corporation Class A ( LMCA), up 31.1%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 7.7%, Tiger Media ( IDI), up 7.3% and Cinemark Holdings ( CNK), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full AMC Networks Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.