Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. eBay ( EBAY) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, eBay rose $0.99 (1.9%) to $53.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,204,519 shares of eBay exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,348,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.44-$53.79 after having opened the day at $52.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.71. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Dealertrack Technologies ( TRAK), up 9.8%, Phoenix New Media ( FENG), up 8.4%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 7.7% and Autobytel ( ABTL), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full eBay Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.