Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tyson Foods ( TSN) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Tyson Foods rose $1.02 (3.4%) to $30.71 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,868,130 shares of Tyson Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,806,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.55-$30.74 after having opened the day at $29.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.69. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Molson Coors Brewing Company ( TAP), up 6.3%, Molson Coors Brewing Company ( TAP.A), up 4.7%, Omega Protein Corporation ( OME), up 3.8% and Truett-Hurst ( THST), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tyson Foods Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.