NEW YORK, Aug. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. (Nasdaq:NYMT) ("NYMT," the "Company," "we," "our" or "us") today reported results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2013. Summary of Second Quarter 2013:
- Net income attributable to common stockholders of $11.2 million, representing basic income per common share of $0.19 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, as compared to net income attributable to common stockholders of $5.1 million and basic income per common share of $0.34 for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- Net interest income for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 rose to $14.0 million, an increase of $8.1 million from the same period in the prior year and an increase of $0.9 million from the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
- Invested $132.4 million in distressed residential mortgage loans and $41.2 million in the first loss PO security and certain IO securities issued by a Freddie Mac-sponsored multi-family K-Series securitization.
- Issued 13.6 million shares of common stock for net proceeds of $94.5 million and issued 3.0 million shares of 7.75% Series B Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock for total net proceeds of $72.4 million.
- Portfolio net interest margin remained constant at 348 basis points as compared to the prior quarter.
- Declared second quarter dividend of $0.27 per common share that was paid on July 25, 2013.
- Book value per common share of $6.25, as compared to $6.55 per common share at March 31, 2013.