- Seventy-two percent of wealthy business owners want tax planning advice and 60 percent seek estate planning counsel.
- Nearly half (48 percent) are looking for financial and investment planning assistance.
- Only 15 percent of high-net-worth business owners make financial decisions on their own.
- Fifty-five percent rely on an advisor for some or all financial decisions they make.
- On average, they have four financial relationships, although nearly two in three (64 percent) say they prefer to work with one financial institution.
To learn more about Northern Trust’s survey, visit http://Northerntrust.com/wealthinamerica .Northern Trust’s nationwide survey of wealthy individuals seeks to highlight important wealth management issues. The online interviews were conducted by Phoenix Marketing International and NIA Enterprises between November 16 and December 17, 2012. The data contained in this report came from 1,700 online interviews and has a margin of error of +/- 2.4 percentage points at a 95 percent level of confidence. Northern Trust is a premier wealth management firm that specializes in goals-based financial advice. Northern Trust offer clients insightful perspectives and creative thinking, backed by innovative technology and a strong fiduciary ethos. Northern Trust is ranked among the top 10 U.S. wealth managers with $202.5 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2013, and more than 70 wealth management offices in the United States and abroad. The Financial Times Group has named Northern Trust Best Private Bank in the USA for four consecutive years. In 2012 Northern Trust was also was named Best Private Bank globally for Innovation and Best Private Bank for Socially Responsible Investing. About Northern Trust Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, banking solutions and fiduciary services for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a financial holding company based in Chicago, has offices in 18 U.S. states and 16 international locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. As of June 30, 2013, Northern Trust had assets under custody of US$5.0 trillion, and assets under investment management of US$803.0 billion. For more than 120 years, Northern Trust has earned distinction as an industry leader in combining exceptional service and expertise with innovative products and technology. For more information, visit www.northerntrust.com or follow us on Twitter @NorthernTrust.