Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (Nasdaq: CLNE) today released an update to its ROAD TO NATURAL GAS report with select deal announcements of its growing portfolio of natural gas fuel customers. Clean Energy continues to lead the natural gas transition with recent deals in transit, trucking and now expands to manufacturing. TRANSIT: LA Metro Signs 10-year Deal to Solidify Clean Energy as Their Exclusive CNG Fuel Partner for the Nation’s Largest Clean Air Fleet
- LA Metro Board approved a 10-year compressed natural gas (CNG) station operation and maintenance contract with Clean Energy for four of LA Metro’s CNG bus fueling stations. With this award, Clean Energy will continue to operate and maintain all of the Agency’s 10 CNG bus fueling stations as well as an 11th station currently under construction by Clean Energy.
- Clean Energy anticipates compressing approximately 15 million gallons of natural gas annually for the next 10 years to serve the four stations named in this contract. Additionally, Clean Energy expects to continue to compress approximately 21 million gallons of natural gas annually for LA Metro’s additional stations.
- Fox Transportation signs fueling agreement and plans deployment of over 100 CNG trucks over the next several months which will fuel at Clean Energy stations throughout Southern California.
- Once fully deployed, the fleet is expected to consume approximately 600,000 diesel-gallons-equivalent of CNG fuel per year.
- Fleet is anticipated to make approximately 900,000 deliveries annually to hospitals throughout California, traveling over five million miles per year.
- Clean Energy Fuels and NG Advantage partner in 10-year deal to construct a new natural gas compression facility in central New Hampshire to expand reach to manufacturing and other energy-intensive customers not on a natural gas pipeline throughout New England and Eastern New York.
- Operated by Clean Energy, the facility is intended to provide a minimum of 10-million gasoline-gallons-equivalent of CNG per year. This potentially represents more than double the CNG fuel volume supplied by Clean Energy’s highest-volume CNG station.
Visit www.cleanenergyfuels.com for additional information and photos of all recent announcements.About Clean Energy Fuels Corp. Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (Nasdaq: CLNE) is the largest provider of natural gas fuel for transportation in North America. We build and operate compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) fueling stations; manufacture CNG and LNG equipment and technologies for ourselves and other companies and develop renewable natural gas (RNG) production facilities. For more information, visit http://www.cleanenergyfuels.com. Forward-Looking Statements This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including statements about the amounts of natural gas fuel expected to be provided to LA Metro, Fox Transportation and NG Advantage, respectively. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of several factors. The forward-looking statements made herein speak only as of the date of this press release and, unless otherwise required by law, the Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances. Additionally, the reports and other documents the Company files with the SEC (available at www.sec.gov) contain risk factors, which may cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this news release.