Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies fell $0.85 (-1.0%) to $83.15 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,265,679 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,144,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $83.00-$84.00 after having opened the day at $83.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.00. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Meadowbrook Insurance Group ( MIG), down 10.6%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), down 7.0%, Donegal Group ( DGICB), down 6.2% and Triple-S Management Corporation ( GTS), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.