Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allstate ( ALL) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Allstate fell $0.86 (-1.6%) to $51.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,914,980 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,277,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.11-$51.83 after having opened the day at $51.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.15. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Meadowbrook Insurance Group ( MIG), down 10.6%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), down 9.6%, Bank Bradesco ( BBDO), down 8.6% and CorEnergy Infrastructure ( CORR), down 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.