Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras ( PBR.A) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras fell $0.30 (-2.0%) to $14.48 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,871,203 shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,615,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.43-$14.75 after having opened the day at $14.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.78. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 44.6%, GSE ( GSE), down 39.3%, Dominion Diamond ( DDC), down 18.5% and Axiall ( AXLL), down 16.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.