Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trinity Industries ( TRN) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Trinity Industries rose $0.42 (1.0%) to $40.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,379,413 shares of Trinity Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,337,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.25-$40.73 after having opened the day at $40.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.31. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Era Group ( ERA), up 24.8%, FreightCar America ( RAIL), up 9.3%, Matson ( MATX), up 6.8% and Excel Maritime Carriers ( EXM), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.