Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 9.7%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry rose $0.66 (7.4%) to $9.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 33,394,369 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23,018,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $8.98-$9.77 after having opened the day at $9.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.92. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Voltari ( VLTC), up 1598.6%, WPCS International ( WPCS), up 22.9%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 17.8% and xG Technology ( XGTI), up 14.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.