Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walter Energy ( WLT) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Walter Energy rose $0.11 (1.1%) to $10.34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,667,756 shares of Walter Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,386,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.12-$10.57 after having opened the day at $10.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.23. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Avalon Rare Metals ( AVL), up 13.3%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 9.4%, USEC ( USU), up 5.2% and Northern Dynasty Minerals ( NAK), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walter Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.