Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TripAdvisor ( TRIP) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, TripAdvisor rose $2.22 (2.9%) to $78.01 on light volume. Throughout the day, 995,996 shares of TripAdvisor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,050,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.83-$78.04 after having opened the day at $75.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.79. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Jiayuan.com International ( DATE), up 27.1%, China Finance Online ( JRJC), up 12.3%, MeetMe ( MEET), up 11.8% and Professional Diversity Network ( IPDN), up 10.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TripAdvisor Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.