Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aetna ( AET) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Aetna rose $0.69 (1.1%) to $64.25 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,417,656 shares of Aetna exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,983,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.38-$64.50 after having opened the day at $63.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.56. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Spherix ( SPEX), up 100.4%, Compugen ( CGEN), up 44.5%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 44.2% and Aastrom Biosciences ( ASTM), up 31.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aetna Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.