Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy rose $0.53 (2.1%) to $25.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,791,147 shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,416,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.79-$25.64 after having opened the day at $24.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.95. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GMX Resources ( GMXRQ), up 37.5%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 9.6%, TransGlobe Energy Corporation ( TGA), up 8.0% and Royale Energy ( ROYL), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.