Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Illumina ( ILMN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Illumina rose $1.09 (1.4%) to $78.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 880,817 shares of Illumina exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,338,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.00-$78.95 after having opened the day at $77.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.28. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Compugen ( CGEN), up 44.5%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 44.2%, Aastrom Biosciences ( ASTM), up 31.1% and Onconova Therapeutics ( ONTX), up 23.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Illumina Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.