Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Albemarle ( ALB) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Albemarle rose $0.94 (1.5%) to $63.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,347,799 shares of Albemarle exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 726,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.13-$63.36 after having opened the day at $62.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.32. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 5.7%, Gulf Resources ( GURE), up 5.1%, Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), up 4.6% and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Albemarle Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.