BRISBANE, Calif., Aug. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cutera, Inc. (Nasdaq:CUTR), a leading provider of laser and other energy-based aesthetic systems for practitioners worldwide, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. Key financial highlights for the second quarter of 2013 were as follows:
- Revenue was $19.6 million, which remained flat compared to the second quarter in 2012.
- Gross margin improved to 57%, compared to 53% in the second quarter of 2012, due primarily to a favorable product mix shift and the realization of several cost reduction initiatives.
- Net loss was $0.6 million, or $0.04 per diluted share. Non-cash items including stock-based compensation, intangible, and depreciable items totaled $1.1 million for the quarter.
- Cash generated from operations was $1.9 million.
- Balance sheet remains strong with $89.6 million in cash and investments, an increase of over $8.2 million during the past year.