The integration is aimed at keeping American Express Global Business Travel customers well-informed through on-the-go access to critical trip information by equipping them with the following features:
- Automatic upload of trip details and automatic updates into one itinerary within minutes of booking a trip online or on the phone, as well as the ability to add trip elements via email
- Flight updates, including gate changes, delays and cancellations based on real-time information
- Click-to-call access to the traveler’s specific American Express travel service number
- Map and directions during the trip, based on location and itinerary
- Access to critical information such as addresses and telephone numbers for the flight, hotel, car rental and other items included in the itinerary
- Ability to share critical itinerary information with friends and family directly from the app or website
AX CONNECT EnhancementsAs business becomes increasingly global and corporations make further investments in business travel in order to drive growth, American Express has seen its customers continue to place an emphasis on duty of care solutions that increase traveler safety and mitigate potential risk. To enhance its offering in this area, American Express Global Business Travel is adding functionality to A X CONNECT, its duty of care solution, which today enables travel managers to pinpoint impacted travelers, communicate with them via SMS, and prioritize aid to those travelers with the greatest need during a time of disruption. The enhancement to A X CONNECT’s communication capabilities, which is expected to be available later this month, is a mobile application that provides an intuitive interface through which travelers can communicate with their travel managers. The A X CONNECT communication capabilities will include the following features:
- Customized Two-Way Messaging: Travel managers will be able to send employees customized messages through the application’s interface and provide response options for travelers to select with the tap of a finger. For instance, travel managers can customize these messages to check a traveler’s status or offer choices for itinerary changes.
- Automatic Alerts: Travelers will be informed through automatic travel alerts prior to and during their trip that provide information, such as safety tips and potential travel disruptions at their destination or current location.
- GPS Location Services: Travelers will have the option to approve a travel manager’s request for a one-time share of their GPS-based location during a time of disruption. This will enable travel managers to provide more customized assistance.
- Click-to-Call: In the event of an emergency, travelers will be able to reach a member of their company’s security team with one click.
About American Express Global Business TravelPositioned at the intersection of commerce and travel, American Express Global Business Travel offers its customers a comprehensive network, service dependability, and deep insight to help move people and businesses forward. American Express Global Business Travel provides leading travel solutions, integrated consulting services, proprietary research, and end-to-end meetings and events capabilities. These innovative offerings enable clients to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments. Learn more at www.americanexpress.com/businesstravel. American Express Global Business Travel is part of one of the world’s largest travel agency networks with locations in 138 countries worldwide. About American Express Global Corporate Payments American Express Corporate Payment Solutions provide the Corporate Card, Corporate Purchasing Solutions, and other expense management services to midsize companies and large corporations worldwide. In the U.S., American Express is a leading issuer of Commercial Cards, serving more than 70 percent of the Fortune 500, as well as tens of thousands of midsize companies. For more information, visit americanexpress.com/corporate. About American Express American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress. Key links to products and services: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, business travel, and corporate card.