Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Staples fell $0.19 (-1.1%) to $17.00 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,214,434 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,813,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.96-$17.19 after having opened the day at $17.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.19. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHA), down 4.8%, CSS Industries ( CSS), down 3.5%, Dover Saddlery ( DOVR), down 3.1% and Birks & Mayors ( BMJ), down 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.