Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Equity Residential ( EQR) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Equity Residential fell $0.71 (-1.3%) to $54.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,971,554 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,341,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.88-$56.00 after having opened the day at $55.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.66. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Homex Development ( HXM), down 15.1%, J.W. Mays ( MAYS), down 6.2%, Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), down 4.7% and Intergroup Corporation ( INTG), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Equity Residential Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.