Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Liberty Global ( LBTYA) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Liberty Global fell $2.07 (-2.6%) to $78.92 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,491,030 shares of Liberty Global exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,813,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $77.48-$81.25 after having opened the day at $81.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.99. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Monster Worldwide ( MWW), down 9.3%, Dolan ( DM), down 4.2%, Salem Communications Corporation Class A ( SALM), down 4.0% and Noah Education Holdings ( NED), down 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Liberty Global Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.