Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Chevron fell $1.49 (-1.2%) to $124.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,454,712 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,003,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $123.30-$125.10 after having opened the day at $124.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $126.44. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), down 25.3%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), down 8.9%, Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 8.1% and Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), down 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.