Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Rock-Tenn Company ( RKT) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Rock-Tenn Company fell $1.78 (-1.5%) to $116.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 552,620 shares of Rock-Tenn Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 646,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $115.63-$118.00 after having opened the day at $117.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $117.93. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Blyth ( BTH), down 21.9%, Westport Innovations ( WPRT), down 11.2%, Tufco Technologies ( TFCO), down 9.6% and Tredegar Corporation ( TG), down 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Rock-Tenn Company Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.