Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CSX ( CSX) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, CSX rose $0.61 (2.4%) to $26.05 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 23,679,531 shares of CSX exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,041,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.61-$26.68 after having opened the day at $26.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.44. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), up 25.0%, FreeSeas ( FREE), up 21.0%, Excel Maritime Carriers ( EXM), up 8.7% and Danaos Corporation ( DAC), up 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CSX Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.