Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Motorola Solutions ( MSI) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Motorola Solutions rose $0.70 (1.3%) to $56.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,731,675 shares of Motorola Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,294,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.15-$56.13 after having opened the day at $55.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.32. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Alvarion ( ALVR), up 26.5%, Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), up 23.5%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 14.6% and Voltari ( VLTC), up 13.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Motorola Solutions Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.