Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Check Point Software Technologies ( CHKP) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Check Point Software Technologies rose $1.12 (1.9%) to $58.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,112,645 shares of Check Point Software Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,665,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.55-$58.73 after having opened the day at $57.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.52. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution ( KONE), up 62.1%, Alvarion ( ALVR), up 26.5%, Active Network ( ACTV), up 24.3% and Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), up 23.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Check Point Software Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.