Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MBIA ( MBI) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, MBIA rose $0.23 (1.7%) to $13.97 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,841,735 shares of MBIA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,230,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.64-$14.03 after having opened the day at $13.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.74. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Eastern Insurance Holdings ( EIHI), up 6.1%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 2.8%, American International Group ( AIG), up 2.7% and Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MBIA Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.