Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Seadrill ( SDRL) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Seadrill rose $0.91 (2.1%) to $44.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,454,935 shares of Seadrill exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,508,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.54-$44.25 after having opened the day at $43.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.26. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Dejour Energy ( DEJ), up 12.7%, Double Eagle Petroleum Company ( DBLE), up 10.7%, Dril-Quip ( DRQ), up 8.0% and KiOR ( KIOR), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.