Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.48 (1.3%) to $36.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,785,039 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,532,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.34-$37.18 after having opened the day at $36.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.47. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: SORL Auto Parts ( SORL), up 30.9%, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 16.0%, Boulder Brands ( BDBD), up 10.5% and Crumbs Bake Shop ( CRMB), up 10.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.