Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $5.86 (1.3%) to $462.54 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,641,136 shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,717,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $456.66-$462.85 after having opened the day at $458.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $456.68. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Silver Spring Networks ( SSNI), up 16.5%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 14.6%, Omnicell ( OMCL), up 6.3% and Dell ( DELL), up 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.