Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Continental Resources ( CLR) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Continental Resources rose $1.80 (1.9%) to $98.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,435,545 shares of Continental Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,007,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $95.82-$99.01 after having opened the day at $96.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $96.27. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Senomyx ( SNMX), up 36.5%, Ossen Innovation ( OSN), up 17.3%, Dejour Energy ( DEJ), up 12.7% and Valhi ( VHI), up 11.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Continental Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.