Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Validus Holdings ( VR) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Validus Holdings fell $0.36 (-1.0%) to $35.07 on light volume. Throughout the day, 784,849 shares of Validus Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,129,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.01-$35.70 after having opened the day at $35.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.43. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Donegal Group ( DGICB), down 15.2%, Atlas Financial Holdings ( AFH), down 7.3%, AMERISAFE ( AMSF), down 4.9% and Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Validus Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.