Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CME Group ( CME) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, CME Group fell $1.89 (-2.5%) to $72.17 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,718,975 shares of CME Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,241,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $71.02-$74.84 after having opened the day at $74.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.06. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Paulson Capital ( PLCC), down 15.0%, PHH Corporation ( PHH), down 7.4%, BGC Partners ( BGCP), down 6.0% and First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), down 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full CME Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.