Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Xcel Energy ( XEL) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Xcel Energy rose $0.39 (1.3%) to $30.34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,561,290 shares of Xcel Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,531,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.94-$30.36 after having opened the day at $30.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.95. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 13.0%, Beacon Power ( BCON), up 8.3%, MDU Resources Group ( MDU), up 6.7% and Questar ( STR), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Xcel Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.