Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose $0.30 (1.7%) to $18.16 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,577,989 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,820,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.79-$18.17 after having opened the day at $17.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.86. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Homex Development ( HXM), up 22.5%, Zillow ( Z), up 14.8%, Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), up 10.2% and ZipRealty ( ZIPR), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.